Quick Egg Salad
Made with olive oil for a healthier snack!
With the warm weather comes plenty of picnics and backyard gatherings and what could be a better picnic dish than an egg salad sandwich? Aside from being quick to make, an added bonus is that this elevated recipe is made with olive oil so you can enjoy those picnics and gatherings without worrying about your figure!
5 Large eggs
1 Pinch of salt, to taste
1 Pinch of pepper, to taste
3 Tbsp Hellman’s mayonnaise
1 Tbsp Olive oil
1 tsp Lemon juice
1 Small pinch of mustard powder
2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Fill 3/4 of a medium saucepan with water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Gently drop in eggs and cook on high heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place eggs into a bowl of cold water for approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Gently peel the shells off the eggs and rinse.
- In a large bowl, mash peeled hard-boiled eggs using a fork or potato masher, until eggs are completely broken down into small pieces.
- Add remaining ingredients to the eggs and mix until fully incorporated.
- Spread onto bread and enjoy with your favourite toppings (I used jalapeno slices, mixed greens and tomato).
*For best results, serve within a day of making.
Stop serving the same bland and boring egg salad sandwiches to your loved ones! Instead, and with very little effort, make this flavourful recipe which you can tailor to load even more flavour into each bite!
What is your favourite sandwich topping? Let me know in the comments below! Also, make sure to tag me on Instagram to show me your re-creation of this quick and healthy recipe!
Thank-you so much for stopping by and be sure to subscribe to notifications so you don’t miss out on any of my original recipes!
Until next time,
Clay Smith, Claycooks