Raspberry Pomegranate Granita
Loaded with delicious red fruit and a hint of gin
This granita recipe was made so that anyone could make it at home. Perfect for a hot day; This treat is sure to impress anyone with its vibrant colour and amazing taste.
340 g/ 12 oz Raspberries
1/2 Cup Pomegranate juice
3/4 cup White Sugar
2 Tbsp Gin (not necessary)
4 Cups Cold Water
- In a medium saucepan add: raspberries, pomegranate juice, sugar and gin.
- On a med-high heat bring mixture to a boil while stirring regularly then turn heat down to a simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove From heat then add cold water and stir together.
- put your mesh strainer over a large bowl and pour your mixture through using a spoon or ladle to push the raspberries through the strainer leaving the seeds behind.
- Pour your mixture into a large freezer bag and put mixture into the fridge until completely cool. Overnight is best.
- Once cooled mix up the bag and place in the freezer.
- Once in the Freezer: mix the bag up with your hands once every 30 to 60 minutes for about 3-5 hours. This doesn’t have to be super strict, the more you mix the bag the smoother it will become.
- Once the Granita mixture is frozen but still a bit loose, it’s ready to enjoy!
Next time you find yourself wanting to make a cold treat try giving this granita a shot. Summer is here and this recipe will be sure to keep you refreshed!
What Fruits would you like to see in a granita? Let me know in the comments below! Also, make sure to tag me on Instagram to show me your re-creation of this all-inclusive frozen dessert recipe!
Thank-you so much for stopping by and be sure to subscribe to notifications so you don’t miss out on any of my original recipes!
Until next time,
Clay Smith, Claycooks