Sangria Done Right
This cocktail comes from the western Mediterranean and there’s no questioning why you’re seeing it in every corner of the globe now it’s just that good!
When Searching the web you’ll find thousands of recipes claiming to be the the best Sangria packed with tons of fruits and berries like everything is fair game. In my opinion the Sangria should be refreshing with the perfect balance of sweetness, tart, and acidity. For that you’ll have to make your own grenadine!
I’m going to teach you how to make the perfect sangria for your pool party, barbecue or any special occasion you can enjoy with cocktails!
2 Cups Pomegranate Juice
The Juice From 2 Blood Oranges
The Juice From 2 Limes
1 Cup Sugar
- In a medium pot add and mix all the ingredients together.
- Bring to a boil on high heat and let boil for 2 minutes
- Turn Heat to low and let simmer for 10 minutes
- Remove from heat and place in mason jars or bottles for later use
- Allow grenadine to fully cool in fridge before making sangria.
1 Cup Grenadine
2 Cups Gin
2 Cups Red Wine
500 ml Sparkling water
2 Limes Sliced
1 Cup Frozen Cherries
8 Cups of Ice
- In a Large Pitcher or Bowl (minimum 3 Litres) add all ingredients together.
- With a large spoon mix ingredients until about two thirds of the ice is melted.
- Please Drink Responsibly and Do Not Drink and Drive.
*This drink can be stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days to enjoy
So that’s all it takes to make this iconic Drink! Stop buying Sangria mixed filled with artificial flavours and dyes and enjoy your very own made right at home. Check out my twist on the classic by making a White Sangria Click here for the recipe.
What’s your favourite Cocktail? Let me know in the comments below! Also, make sure to tag me on Instagram to show me your re-creation of this Great Tasting Cocktail!
Thank-you so much for stopping by and be sure to subscribe to notifications so you don’t miss out on any of my original recipes!
Until next time,
Clay Smith, Claycooks