Dolce de Leche Sweet Rolls
With a Delicious Cappuccino Twist!
If you’ve read my Dolce de Leche ice-cream recipe that I created a while back, then you are very much aware of my affinity for all things Dolce de Leche: in all the delicious desserts or just on it’s own, it’s one of my favourite flavours. So, I’m sure it’ll be no surprise to you that when Bonita Gourmet reached out to me offering to send one of their products of my choosing in exchange for creating a recipe using it, I chose their Cappuccino Dolce de Leche! I had no idea what I was going to create when I ordered it but as soon as it arrived and I gave it a taste, it become very clear. The texture was very reminiscent of cinnamon roll filling and the flavour was both sweet and bitter: this would make for perfect sweet rolls!
This recipe yields 16 small rolls.
1 2/3 cups of All-Purpose Flour
3/4 cups of Sugar
2 tsp of Salt
2/3 tsp of Nutmeg
1/4 tsp of Cinnamon
2 1/4 tsp (or 1 package) of Quick Rise Yeast
1/3 cups of Water
2/3 cups of 2% Milk
1/4 cup of Canola Oil
1 Large Egg
1 tsp of Vanilla
1 Tbsp of Fancy Molasses
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, combine all of your dry ingredients and whisk until evenly combined.
- In a medium pot, combine all of your wet ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- Cook wet ingredients over low heat, stirring often, until a temperature of 110-120 degrees Fahrenheit is reached.
- Once the mixture has reached temperature, remove from heat and add to dry ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Knead the dough, by hand or machine, until a smooth, elastic texture has been achieved.
- Cover dough and let rest for 20 minutes.
1. Pour dough onto lightly floured surface and roll out into two 8″ x 24″ pieces.
2. Warm up filling, either by stove top or microwave, so that it becomes easier to spread.
3. Using a spoon or off-set spatula, generously spread the filling over the surface of the dough.
4. Beginning at the longest side of your dough, begin rolling the dough tightly, but gently, onto itself. Repeat for second rectangle of dough.
5. Cut each roll into 16 equally-sized pieces and place onto two 10″ round pans lined with parchment paper.
6. Cover with plastic wrap or damp cloth and allow to rest until the rolls have doubled in size (approximately 1-2 hours).
7. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
8. Bake rolls for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Set aside.
1 1/2 cups of Icing Sugar
1/4 cup of Maple Syrup
1/2 tsp Vanilla
1. In a medium bowl, add glaze ingredients and whisk until smooth.
2. Pour glaze generously over rolls.
This dessert was perfect for dolce de leche! It’s full of warm spices perfect for the fall and winter seasons we’re now in. It makes a large batch so why not give it a try for your next family event or party!
What’s your favourite Dolce de Leche dessert? Let me know in the comments below so I can give it a try! Also, make sure to tag me on Instagram to show me your re-creation of this recipe!
Thank-you so much for stopping by and be sure to subscribe to notifications so you don’t miss out on any of my original recipes!
Until next time,
Clay Smith, Claycooks