Sausage Pomodoro Penne
Quick & Easy One-pot Meal for the whole Family!
In our house, pasta is everyone’s favourite, which is just fine by me since it’s inexpensive and typically really quick to whip together. This one-pot pasta dish is no exception and perfect for on-the-go families like mine!
1 Small Onion, diced
1 Clove of Garlic, minced
1 tsp of Fresh Rosemary, minced
1 1/2 cups of Cherry Tomatoes, halved
2 Italian Sausages, removed from casing
1 tsp White Wine Vinegar
3 cups of Penne Pasta Noodles
3 cups of Boiling Water
1 Pinch of Salt
1 Pinch of Pepper
- In a large, oiled pot, sweat onions and rosemary over medium heat until the onions become translucent. Season with a large pinch of salt.
- Add sausage and garlic and continue to cook until the sausage begins to brown.
- Add in tomatoes, and white wine vinegar. Continue to cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to de-glaze the pan.
- Add pasta and water.
- Bring to a boil and continue to cook for a further 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn heat to low-medium, cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir and recover. Continue to cook over low-medium heat for the remaining 2 minutes.
- Finish with salt and pepper, to taste and garnish with some fresh Mozzerella cheese and chopped basil.
With picky eaters in my house, I am always looking for new takes on their favourite dishes and there were no disappointed faces at dinnertime with this one! Of course, the best part is that it was really quick to make and I didn’t have to sacrifice on taste!
What is the dish of choice for you and your family? Let me know in the comments below! Also, make sure to tag me on Instagram to show me your re-creation of this recipe!
Thank-you so much for stopping by and be sure to subscribe to notifications so you don’t miss out on any of my original recipes!
Until next time,
Clay Smith, Claycooks