Pumpkin Spice Chicken Wing Sauce
With Warm Fall Flavours!
We are well aware that pumpkin spice is everywhere this time of the year – pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin spice doughnuts, pumpkin spice everything! We wanted to get in on the trend but in a way that hasn’t been overdone – with chicken wings! The warm spices and rum combination will have your taste buds craving bite after bite. The flavours may seem subtle at first but trust us, they will keep building and linger long after you’ve finished eating them.
Preparing the Chicken Wings:
Makes 20-60 split chicken wings
1 Tbsp of Packed Brown Sugar
600 ml of Buttermilk
400 ml of 2% Milk
1 Tbsp of Salt
1 tsp of Onion Powder
1 tsp of Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp of Mustard
1/4 tsp of Sumac
1. In a large bowl or container, mix together all of the ingredients.
2. Place chicken wings into bowl and cover. Allow wings to soak in the refrigerator for a minimum of 12 hours.
3. Drain milk using a colander or strainer.
4. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Prepare a large baking pan with parchment paper and a wire cooking rack.
6. Place chicken wings on rack and cook for 30 minutes. or until fully cooked (165 degrees Fahrenheit internal temperature). Flip wings every 10 minutes.
Pumpkin Spice, Kraken Sauce
1 Onion, diced
1/4 cups of Kraken Rum
1/2 cup of Rosewood Smoked Honey
1/2 tsp of Worcestershire Sauce
2 Tbsp of Cold Butter
1/4 tsp Vanilla
1/3 tsp Pumpkin Spice
1 tsp Salt
- In a medium pan, oiled, cook onions and salt over medium heat until deep brown in colour.
- Add vanilla, Kraken, pumpkin spice, honey and Worcestershire sauce and continue to cook until mixture becomes thickened.
- Remove from heat and whisk in butter.
- Toss cooked chicken wings in sauce until evenly coated.
- Broil sauced chicken wings in the oven for 10 minutes, flipping half-way through.
While these chicken wings may look unassuming, they deliver an unexpected flavour profile that’ll hang out on your palate in the best possible way!
What is your favourite flavour of chicken wings? Let me know in the comments below! Also, make sure to tag me on Instagram to show me your re-creation of this recipe!
Thank-you so much for stopping by and be sure to subscribe to notifications so you don’t miss out on any of my original recipes!
Until next time,
Clay Smith, Claycooks